Where to Eat & Drink in Milan Like a Local
- Il Salumaio di Montanapoleone – located in the heart of the Fashion District, this chic restaurant has a beautiful courtyard where you can have lunch outdoors. I wouldn’t say this was the best restaurant in terms of food but the setting and atmosphere are lovely, plus they serve an amazing Aperol Spritz.
- Paticceria Marchesi – This wonderful pastry shop has been open in Milan since 1824 and you can find an array of delicious pastries and chocolates. A small bite will take you back in time…
- Mantra Raw Vegan – If you’re a fan of vegan restaurants then this is the place to go in Milan. All the products are fresh and, most importantly, the food is excellent. It is the first raw vegan restaurant to open in the whole of Italy so definitely worth trying.
- Obicà – This contemporary design Mozzarella Bar is the ideal place for all Mozzarella Di Bufala lovers like me. They serve different types of Mozzarellas to please everyone’s taste. I would definitely not want to give this one a miss!
- Luini – Find the best Panezrotti in this small bakery near the Duomo (open since 1888). You will not miss it as there are always people queuing for one of these delicious stuffed savory pastries to eat on the go. The Panezrotti recipe actually originated from Puglia but soon became part of the Milanese culture.
- Pisco – This charming restaurant next to the Arco della Pace is one of the best seafood restaurants in Milan. The staff is very friendly, the products are extremely fresh and everything is cooked to perfection.
- Cioccolati Italiani – for an indulging breakfast with lots of chocolate – I had a delicious croissant filled with white chocolate.
- Temakinho – This Brazilian-Japanese fusion restaurant is one of my personal favourites in Milan for 3 reasons: 1. It’s ideal setting in Navigli. 2. Its sumptuous fresh Temakies. 3. The unique and delicious cocktails made from the best Cachaças. It’s a place I will definitely go back to the next time I’m in Milan.
- Dry – this is one of THE places to go for an Aperitivo. It is always buzzing with atmosphere and you will clearly understand why after trying a cocktail and their delicious pizzas.
- Bulgari Hotel – The hotel has a magnificent garden where you can enjoy an Aperol Spritz or a cocktail of your choice.
- The Globe – This fancy Lounge bar is another cool place to have your Aperitivo and where to admire beautiful views of the city at night.
- Living – Near the Arco della Pace there are lots of places to have an Aperitivo and the area is full of atmosphere. This is one of the best bars in the area and where you will find the best Mojito.